Transend’s industry leading software solutions have been used by large and small businesses around the world to migrate well over 30 million mailboxes between virtually all combinations of email systems. With technology specifically designed for rapid throughput, maintenance of data fidelity, adaptability to all system configurations, migration management and ease of use, Transend’s solutions are used by some of the largest and most recognizable Fortune 500 and 100 companies, as well as small and medium sized businesses.
|What Makes Transend stand out...||...How it Benefits Businesses|
Experience counts — We’ve specialized in email migration since 1983, migrating well over 30 million mailboxes worldwide, between nearly every source/target combination
Rarely are any two migrations the same, so not only is our technology battle tested by Fortune 500 companies worldwide, but our support staff is ready to address almost any “unexpected” issue on the fly
Email migration is our only business focus — Getting it right and supporting our customers is what keeps us in business
Many of our competitors sell products and services that extend beyond email migration, which takes away from their focus. We believe in focusing our efforts on one area, and doing it better than anyone else
Unparalleled US-based support staff — The most experienced and responsive support team assists with the migration from beginning to end
Many vendors have solutions that work when everything is perfect. However, it’s how problem data, non-standard circumstances and other issues are dealt with that separates Transend from everyone else.
Unique Flexibility — Allows users to alter the tool’s default behavior to meet specific needs
Transend Migrator contains hundreds of custom switches that allow it to be configured to the unique needs of the end-user environment
Customization — Available for projects with special needs
Some projects require functionality that isn’t available “out of the box”. Transend has a long history of creating custom patches for specific projects
Affordable and flexible pricing — Fits into almost any budget
Different sized businesses have different sized budgets – Transend has creative ways to fit most projects within a defined budget
Cutting edge technology — Designed to support the latest versions of all email systems, including those hosted in the cloud
We have relationships with all major email system providers and support the latest API’s and system technology necessary to ensure an efficient and error-free migration
Accurate, reliable and repeatable results — Data fidelity maintained completely in both the source and target system
Email is among the most business critical information for any organization, so maintaining its data fidelity is essential. There is no better testimonial to the strength of Transend Migrator’s accuracy and reliability than the fact that SEC, US Department of Defense and other Government agencies are using our software to convert email for eDiscovery purposes
Transend Migrator is the easiest product on the market to install and configure. Installation requires no technical background and is completed within 5 minutes. Because the product contains no dependencies, and is designed to process most migration scenarios out-of-the-box, configuration is intuitive and efficient. Custom options that alter the default behavior to satisfy the requirements of any migration project can be selected easily via check boxes.
The Transend Migrator interface is extremely intuitive – yet powerful, flexible and customizable. It is designed to provide a positive migration experience for both end users migrating a single mailbox and technicians migrating multiple mailboxes in batch mode.
Supported Messaging Systems
No product on the market supports a wider variety of messaging systems than Transend Migrator. One utility supports virtually all Email systems and clients, including Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, Office 365, Google Apps/Gmail, IBM Lotus Notes/Domino, Novell GroupWise, Amazon WorkMail, IMAP, Mirapoint, Sun Messaging Systems, Mozilla Thunderbird, MBOX, POP, Eudora, Outlook Express and many more.
Supported Data Types
One utility converts all email data types in one migration process — Messages, Address Books, Calendars and Task/To Do items.
Data Integrity Maintained
Original message data, including metadata, is completely maintained in the target system, which is critical for maintaining optimal data fidelity. Additionally, source data is not compromised in any way – it’s left in the same form post-migration as it was pre-migration.
- Source folder structure is maintained in the target system
- Message attachments are converted and maintained with their messages in the target system
- Embedded images are maintained with their messages in the target system
- Converts server mailboxes, archives and local mail files directly to server mailboxes or local files in the target system
- Converts individual folders or entire folder list in one process
Automate the Migration of Multiple Mailboxes
Migrating multiple mailboxes in Batch Mode has never been easier. Users can quickly and easily configure and perform a batch migration all within the same interface. It’s as easy as simply importing a file with user mailbox information prior to executing a batch migration.
Flexibility Allows for Customization on the Fly
Transend Migrator is the most flexible and customizable tool on the market. With an array of custom options, users can easily alter the default behavior of Transend Migrator to meet their specific needs. By selecting specific custom options, users can apply criteria that filters data by type, data size, date ranges or set quotas on the amount of data migrated per mailbox.
- Convert all message folders or individual folders
- Convert a subset of messages that meet a certain criteria
- Limit the attachment size for conversion
- Convert only those messages that fall within a certain date range
- Change email addresses to match those required by the new system
- Convert all Calendar events or only upcoming entries
Transend Migrator allows for the management of the entire migration project from within the application. Technicians or end users can schedule a migration for a later time, pause and restart a migration, and monitor the real-time status of the migration (mailbox by mailbox) via the Migration Monitor. Transend Migrator has the ability to act as an end-user client-based migration utility, or a centralized migration management system that facilitates the entire migration process from a central location.
Command Line Processing
For those who prefer, batch migrations can be automated via command line to run in virtually any environment or specialized situation.
Transend Migrator contains a rich set of features that make up the most powerful, flexible and customizable migration tool on the market. While the full list of features are described in more detail in the White Papers, below are some of the more commonly used features:
Migrate folders with a certain name in the Source system into folders with a different name in the target system.
Selecting Specific Folders for Migration
By default Transend Migrator converts all folders in the source email mailbox. However, users can choose to migrate only specific folders, or exclude specific folders from their migration.
Transend Migrator contains a Translation Table which allows users to migrate data from an email address in the source system into a mailbox with a different email address in the target system. For example, if a company is acquired and changes its name, user email addresses in the new server might not work going forward because the email addresses are no longer valid. In this case users would use the Translation Table to migrate messages and have them repliable by translating their old addresses into their new addresses.
Transend Migrator has the ability to migrate more than one account at a time with Concurrent Migrations. During a batch process, Transend Migrator will migrate each account in entry order. It starts at the top and works through the list until the list is complete. By increasing the number of Concurrent Migrations, a significant increase in migration throughput is achieved.
The Migration Monitor displays the real-time status of all user mailboxes as they are migrated. The Migration Monitor is a multi-threaded process, which means that multiple accounts can be migrated at the same time if the email systems support concurrent migrations.
Administrators or end users may schedule a migration to begin at a later time by setting the start time on the Migration Schedule screen. Migrations performed later in the evening generally receive optimal performance, bandwidth, and no interruption. If there are other processes that must begin while the migration is running then users may also pause the migration, and continue after the processes are complete.
Load lists of users from selected source and target systems and automatically match source users to target users. The results are then imported into the Batch Mode Data table for use in automating a batch migration. The match is done based primarily on the email address and secondarily on the display name. Once a match is made, the data imported into the data table consists of whatever is needed to connect to the systems in question.
Inventory Source Data
Get a snapshot of your source data prior to migration by creating a report of the source account. This report will list the folder, email, and attachment totals. You may also customize the report to include each folder name and subtotals by folder.
Transend Migrator contains hundreds of Custom Options that allow its default behavior to be altered. General options and email system-specific options allow customization to any particular migration scenario.
Transend Migrator automatically determines what type of character set conversion is necessary for migration.
Command Line Processing
While Transend Migrator no longer requires that users run batch mode via command line only, the functionality still remains. For those who prefer, batch migrations can be automated via command line to run in virtually any environment or specialized situation.
Migration reports in XML format will be created after each run, and they can be viewed and saved with Microsoft Excel. Custom Options are available to increase or decrease the level of detail captured in reports.
The default detail contained within the XML Report contains the following information:
Transend Migrator will create a master log file that contains detailed information about the migration session. User specific log files will also be created that contain detailed information about a specific user migration, including errors that may have occurred. The log files are HTML and are viewable in an Internet browser. The option to create text based log files is also available.
Select supported messaging systems:
|Microsoft Exchange / Outlook
IBM Lotus Domino / Notes
|Google G Suite
IMAP & Other
Note: For a complete list of supported messaging systems, categorized by source/target and data type, see our comprehensive list of Supported Email Types.
Transend’s White Papers discuss various aspects of preparing messaging platforms for migration, provide detail about conversions between specific email systems, and highlight the more commonly used features within Transend Migrator.
They provide a conceptual description of best practices and detailed step-by-step instruction of how to migrate your data from beginning to end.
Please note that the Transend Help File contains more specific detail relating to each migration scenario and topic.
Technical Reference Guide: Provides detailed information related to migrating multiple user mailboxes from a specific source system to a specific target system. They contain recommendations about preparing the Source and Target message platforms/servers, including ensuring the proper permissions are in place, which eliminates the reliance on individual user passwords. They also provide in-depth information about specific features that alter the default behavior of Transend Migrator, and identify best practices that enhance migration efficiency. Step-by-step instructions detail how to configure the tool and perform your migration from beginning to end.
Note: If there is no Technical Reference Guide listed for your specific migration scenario, please contact us. Depending on the size and scope of your project, we can create one for you.
View White Papers that relate to your particular migration scenario.
View a Data Sheet to get a high level overview of Transend Migrator.
Installation & Licensing
User Interface Overview
- Basic Overview (1556171880) - A quick introduction of the user interface and different features contained within Transend Migrator.
Single User Migrations
- Migrating Email (1556155920) - Brief overview of how to configure source and target systems and then perform the migration of Email (including folders and attachments) for a single user mailbox.
- Migrating Address Books (1556154840) - Brief overview of how to configure source and target systems and then perform the migration of Address Books for a single user mailbox.
- Migrating Calendars (1556155500) - Brief overview of how to configure source and target systems and then perform the migration of Calendars for a single user mailbox.
- Migrating Task/To Do Items (1556155020) - Brief overview of how to configure source and target systems and then perform the migration of Task/To Do items for a single user mailbox.
- Configuring Batch Migration with Variables (1556164500) - Users can quickly and easily configure and perform a batch migration all within the same interface. It’s as easy as simply applying variables to the source and target account configurations by importing a file with user mailbox information prior to executing a batch migration.
- How to Populate Batch Data Table (1556164320) - Defining batch variables allows users to quickly and easily migrate multiple accounts at once from a central location.
- Folder Convert List (1556160960) - Overview of how to migrate email folders. Users can elect to migrate all folders in the source account, or to pick and choose only select folders to migrate.
- Folder Exclude List (1556158980) - Overview of how to exclude certain email folders from migration.
- Folder Mapping (1556163660) - Overview of how to map a folder with a certain name in the source system to a different name in the target system.
- Address Translation (1556158080) - Transend Migrator contains a Translation Table which allows users to migrate data from an email address in the source system into a mailbox with a different email address in the target system.
- Schedule Migration (1556157180) - Administrators or end users may schedule a migration to begin at a later time by setting a defined start time on the Migration Schedule screen. Users may also pause and resume a migration.
- Setting Custom Options (1556163360) - Transend Migrator contains hundreds of Custom Options that allow its default behavior to be altered. General options and email system-specific options allow customization to any particular migration scenario. The “Search” box allows users to find switches they seek, but aren’t aware of the name. Some of the more popular Custom Options are discussed.
- Saving Configurations (1556159340) - An overview of how to save your settings into a TMD configuration file. This is helpful when users reopen Transend Migrator they won’t have to input all their settings again. It’s most commonly used when running Transend Migrator on multiple workstations or when writing a script via command line.
Increasing Migration Throughput
- Concurrent Migrations (1556156700) - An overview of the Migration Monitor that displays the real-time status of all user mailboxes as they are migrated. The Migration Monitor is a multi-threaded process, which means that multiple accounts can be migrated at the same time to increase migration throughput.
Command Line Processing
- How to Transition to Command Line Processing (1556170620) - An overview of how to create a script that will run Transend Migrator via the command line. This is most common for batch migrations.
Reporting & Logging
- Reporting & Logging (1556166900) - Migration reports in XML format will be created after each run, and they can be viewed and saved with Microsoft Excel. Transend Migrator will create a master log file that contains detailed information about the migration session. User specific log files will also be created that contain detailed information about a specific user migration, including errors that may have occurred.
Click on thumbnails to view larger screenshots.