Technical Support Engineer
This is a telecommute position (US based only) that will be focused on all areas of providing second level (qualified) technical support to customers engaged in email migration projects. If you have a strong IT background (infrastructure engineering, network administration), as well as experience working with and configuring email servers/clients and are interested in leveraging your experience in a lead software support role, this opportunity offers a ton of value!
This position is responsible for all facets of providing second level technical support (including QA testing) across a variety of email systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for preparing and administering remote demos to potential customers, and providing remote workshops to customers to assist with scoping out the best practices for their email migration project.
- Second level technical support/troubleshooting by email, phone and remote access (GoToMeeting) to customers who are migrating data between email systems
- Note: This position will NOT be receiving unsolicited phone calls/emails, but instead will be forwarded qualified support issues that need assistance. A level 1 support technician will receive all incoming inquiries, qualify them, and if they can’t resolve the issue, will then rely on this position.
- QA Testing of email migration product functionality and application to new mail system versions
- Identification of best migration practices related to different migration scenarios, as applied in different migration environments
- Perform remote demos of migration software (in tandem with a sales rep)
- Investigate and document discovered problems
- Perform evaluation workshops (both pre and post-sales) to help customers determine best practices for their migration project
- Independently manage a test lab environment and install and configure network infrastructure
- Interact with other internal departments (e.g., development, sales, business development, etc.)
Extensive experience with the following:
- Knowledge and recent experience with infrastructure, networking, security, VMWare
- Experience with configuration, administration and deployment of 2 or more of the major email systems, including:
- MS Exchange Server (including Outlook client configuration)
- Office 365
- Lotus Domino/Notes
- Novell GroupWise
- Google G Suite/Gmail
- IMAP compliant servers
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Deployment, configuration and administration experience with Windows server and workstations
- Current experience troubleshooting and configuring Windows and network security
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work remotely with minimal management oversight
- Strong communication skills (in English), both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work (at times) during off-business hours
- Competitive contractor structured compensation package
- Ability to telecommute full-time
- Flexible hours
- Autonomy – this position is not micro-managed and offers supreme flexibility to manage your workload
- If interested, ability to participate in product development initiatives/roadmaps and contribute to the overall direction of product offerings
- The sky is the limit! While technical support and the other responsibilities listed above are the primary functions of this position, there is significant opportunity to contribute to initiatives related to product development, feature enhancement, supporting resources and the overall enhancement of general business practices. Basically, beyond the general responsibilities, there is an opportunity to participate in collaboration that will drive business direction and development.
Transend Corporation, headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, provides industry leading solutions to convert and migrate email data between any combination of messaging systems. With corporate offices in Palo Alto, California, and engineering, research and development offices in San Francisco, Washington and Florida, Transend has a long-standing history of continuously exceeding customer expectations with leading-edge technology and unparalleled customer support from highly-trained, certified and knowledgeable experts. Its 25+ years experience developing solutions for email systems world-wide speak to the fact that Transend has been, and will continue to be a market leader in the email migration space for the foreseeable future. Transend’s industry leading software solutions have been used by large and small organizations, as well as individuals, around the world to convert well over 30 million mailboxes between virtually all possible combinations of email systems. To gain more insight into Transend’s background, the value proposition we offer, and why we’re different than the competition, please watch a 2 minute video that tells OUR STORY.
To apply, send your resume (with a cover letter in the email body) to firstname.lastname@example.org.