Technical Sales Engineer
This is a telecommute position (US based only) that will lead technical sales efforts to qualified world class customers and partners interested in email migration projects. If you have a strong IT background (infrastructure engineering, network administration), as well as experience working with and configuring email servers/clients and are interested in leveraging your technical experience in a lead sales role, this opportunity offers a ton of value!
This position is responsible for all facets of providing technical sales pitches to enterprise level email migration opportunities. Additionally, this position is at times responsible for preparing and administering remote demos to potential customers, and providing remote workshops to customers to assist with scoping out the best practices for their email migration project.
- Assertively being the main authority in sales meetings with qualified customers and partners of Transend
- Delivering technical and/or product demos and presentations that emphasize the differentiated value of Transend’s migration offerings
- Communicating highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, from IT to executive-level decision-makers
- Analyzing and evaluating the technical structure of the ecosystem of prospects, to ensure compatibility with Transend’s technology
- Identification of best migration practices related to different migration scenarios, as applied in different migration environments
- Managing the Transend product demo buildouts to ensure that our team delivers great custom product demos to prospects
- Writing answers to and being generally accountable for written RFPs
- Constantly researching to stay up-to-date on competitive solutions, products and services
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Perform remote demos of migration software (in tandem with a support engineer)
- Interact with other internal departments (e.g., development, support, business development, etc.)
5+ years of experience with the following:
- Extensive knowledge and recent experience with infrastructure, networking, security, VMWare, Azure, AWS
- Extensive experience with configuration, administration and deployment of 2 or more of the major email systems, including:
- MS Exchange Server (including Outlook client configuration)
- Office 365
- Google G Suite
- Lotus Domino/Notes
- Novell GroupWise
- IMAP compliant servers
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Thorough understanding of Windows and related security issues
- Must be able to work remotely with minimal management oversight
- Willingness to work (at times) during off-business hours
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication (in English) skills
- An ability to simplify complex topics, and always relate technical explanations back to the business value of the product
- Quick, on-your-feet thinking, especially in meetings where you might be asked unstructured, rapid-fire questions
- Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions, given a list of prospect business requirements
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to always learn more, in order to keep up with a rapidly changing industry
- Apply test & learn methodologies to drive stronger understanding on what works and what doesn’t
- Ability to influence – relationship building
- Competitive incentive –based compensation package
- Ability to telecommute full-time
- Flexible hours
- Autonomy – this position is not micro-managed and offers supreme flexibility to manage your workload
- If interested, ability to participate in product development initiatives/roadmaps and contribute to the overall direction of product offerings
- The sky is the limit! While technical sales and the other responsibilities listed above are the primary functions of this position, there is significant opportunity to contribute to initiatives related to product development, feature enhancement, supporting resources and the overall enhancement of general business practices. Basically, beyond the general responsibilities, there is an opportunity to participate in collaboration that will drive business direction and development.
Transend Corporation, headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, provides industry leading solutions to convert and migrate email data between any combination of messaging systems. With corporate offices in Palo Alto, California, and engineering, research and development offices in Washington, Florida and California, Transend has a long-standing history of continuously exceeding customer expectations with leading-edge technology and unparalleled customer support from highly-trained, certified and knowledgeable experts. Its 25+ years experience developing solutions for email systems world-wide speak to the fact that Transend has been, and will continue to be a market leader in the email migration space for the foreseeable future. Transend’s industry leading software solutions have been used by large and small organizations, as well as individuals, around the world to convert well over 30 million mailboxes between virtually all possible combinations of email systems.
To gain more insight into Transend’s background, the value proposition we offer, and why we’re different than the competition, please watch a 2 minute video that tells our story.
To apply, send your resume, with a cover letter in the body of the email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.