Email Migration Services Engineer
This is an entry level telecommute position (US based only) that will work directly under the Director of Migration Services to assist with providing email migration services to customers who elect to have Transend perform their email migration for them. If you have any type of IT background (infrastructure engineering, network administration), as well as experience working with and configuring email servers/clients and are interested in leveraging your experience in an engineering role, this opportunity offers a ton of value and potential for upward mobility!
This position is responsible for using Transend’s migration tools to perform remote email migrations between any combination of source and target email platforms. This candidate will take instruction and be given guidance from Transend’s Director of Migration Services regarding the appropriate configuration settings for a particular migration project, and then will take over performing the migration.
- Provide remote email migration services under the guidance of Director of Migration Services. Includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist with the build out and configuration, or help support portions of the build-out and configuration to help prepare the customer for the migration
- Test and validate that the configuration yields results as expected
- Validating results
- Assist with troubleshooting, remediation of errors; reconfiguration of migration software and re-running migration
Limited experience with the following:
- Infrastructure, networking, security, VMWare, Azure, AWS
- Configuration, administration and deployment of any of the major email systems, including:
- MS Exchange Server (including Outlook client configuration)
- Office 365
- Lotus Domino/Notes
- Novell GroupWise
- Google Apps/Gmail
- IMAP compliant servers
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Experience with Windows and related security issues
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow directions
- Must be able to work remotely with minimal management oversight
- Strong communication skills (in English), both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work during off-business hours
- Competitive compensation package
- Ability to telecommute full-time
- Flexible hours
- Autonomy – this position is not micro-managed and offers supreme flexibility to manage your workload
- The sky is the limit! While remote migration services listed above are the primary functions of this position, there is significant opportunity to contribute to initiatives related to more complex technical support, interfacing directly with customers/partners, product development, feature enhancement, supporting resources and the overall enhancement of general business practices. Basically, beyond the general responsibilities, there is an opportunity to participate in collaboration that will drive business direction and development.
Transend Corporation, headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, provides industry leading solutions to convert and migrate email data between any combination of messaging systems. With corporate offices in Palo Alto, California, and engineering, research and development offices in Washington, Florida and California, Transend has a long-standing history of continuously exceeding customer expectations with leading-edge technology and unparalleled customer support from highly-trained, certified and knowledgeable experts. Its 25+ years experience developing solutions for email systems world-wide speak to the fact that Transend has been, and will continue to be a market leader in the email migration space for the foreseeable future. Transend’s industry leading software solutions have been used by large and small organizations, as well as individuals, around the world to convert well over 20 million mailboxes between virtually all possible combinations of email systems.
To gain more insight into Transend’s background, the value proposition we offer, and why we’re different than the competition, please watch a 2 minute video that tells our story.
To apply, send your resume, with a cover letter in the body of the email, to email@example.com.